School Rules & Regulations
Saupin’s School, Chandigarh
Managed and controlled by
The Saupin Education Foundation
C/o Saupin’s School, #14, Sector 32 A, Chandigarh
In all matters concerning the School, the decision of the Principal / Headmistress shall be final.
For admissions visit the admission section of this website.
1. Parents who wish to withdraw their children from school at the end of the session must inform the school office in writing by the 1st of March of that session. Requests for withdrawal after this date will invite a minimum charge of Rs. 2500/-.
2. Parents who wish to withdraw their children after the start of the academic session, must inform the school in writing. The parent will be liable to pay till the date of the students withdrawl, which must include one months notice (30days) or pay one months fee in lieu of the notice, in addition to current dues.
3. Parents are advised that a transfer certificate can be issued only on the completion of all formalities, including clearing of all dues, and only when a child is withdrawn and ceases to attend school.
4. Admission Fees once paid will not be refunded.
1. Fees are to be paid quarterly online into School UBI A/C No. 556902010000517 as per PAY FEES ONLINE guide given on school website.
2. Payment of fee:
1st quarter (April, May, June)
at the time of admission (for new comers)/ 10th April
2nd quarter (July, August, September)
3rd quarter (October, November, December)
4th quarter (January, February, March)
3. A late fee of Rs. 10/- per day will be levied if fees are not paid by the due date for those who are paying monthly fee and Rs. 30 per day for those who are paying quarterly. If the last day for payment of fees falls on a holiday, the next working day will be considered the due date.
4. Payment of fee is the responsibility of the parents and reminders are just a courtesy.
5. No interest is payable on Caution Money deposited.
6. Fees once paid will not be refunded.
7. Students whose arrears of school fees are for 3 months or more are liable to be struck off the rolls.
8. In any event the school will not permit joining a class in the next session if all fees / dues are not cleared before the beginning of the new session.
1. Students must come to school neatly and cleanly dressed, in their complete school uniform prescribed for the season. Students must wear the school I card every day.
2. Students must reach school at least 5 minutes before the bell. Late comers may be sent back home. Students availing bus transport must reach their appointed stops well in time.
3. Irregular attendance, neglect of home work, insubordination with teachers, willful disobedience or behaviour not in-tune with the general discipline of the school, will be dealt with seriously and may result in stay back(s) (remediation) / suspension / dismissal.
4. Any kind of damage to school property will be made good by the offender. In some cases penal and exemplary fines may also be imposed.
5. Bullying and usage of foul language are punishable offences.
6. Students are not permitted to bring objectionable books, magazines or other such literature to school. Radios, video games, mobile phones, pagers and other electronic gadgets are not permitted in school. Expensive watches, ornaments / valuables or jewellery are also not permitted.
7. Students are responsible for their own belongings. Parents should ensure that tiffin boxes, school bags, cardigans, blazers, books, etc. bear the name of the child. In any case the school will not be held responsible for any valuables, including money that may be lost.
8. Participation in all School activities including sports / games, co-curricular and extra activities organized by the school is compulsory. Any child who needs to be exempted for medical reasons must submit a doctors certificate, certifying the necessity. For some items practice beyond school hours or on holidays may be necessary. For children selected to represent the school in competitive events (whether in Chandigarh or elsewhere) participation is compulsory. Travel and stay arrangements will be the responsibility of the school. Participating children will be eligible for up-gradation of grades in their academic result (upto Class VIII).
9. Students are liable to be detained in case they do not secure 33% marks in classes V & VIII.
10. Students from different sections may be shuffled as per recommendation of the class teacher at the beginning of the new session. We request your total support in this matter.
11. Students will NOT be allowed to bring cell phones to School under any circumstances. However, in the event of an emergency, students may make / receive phone calls at the reception.
12. In case of illness or some other commitment, children should not be sent to school at all, even if there is any kind of test. It is extremely unreasonable that children who are ill should be sent for tests. Children will be allowed to leave the school premises only if the Principal/Headmistress is satisfied that there is a genuine emergency that the parent was not aware of at the time of sending the child to school.
13. Leave will be sanctioned only against the prescribed leave application form, duly signed by the parent, either in advance or latest on the day of attendance. Failure to do so, may result in the student being sent back home.
14. For students of Classes IX, X, XI and XII it is mandatory that the leave application be accompanied by confirmation in person (by either parent) or by a phone call, between 8.00 am and 9.00 am.
15. Underage children are not allowed to commute to school on self driven motor vehicles (Cars /Scooter/ Motor Cycles). Moreover, it has been made mandatory for the school to report offenders to the authorities
16. No special arrangements can be made for pupils who, for any reason whatsoever, are absent for any examination/ test or any part of it. Examinations / test cannot be bought forward or postponed. In case of absence on medical or other legitimate grounds, due consideration will be given and the final result/ promotion will be awarded on the whole year’s performance.
NOTES FOR PARENTS
1. Check your designated cell phone every day. All messages, notices, including homework are sent regularly through the Saupin’s School App. Please make sure that your phone has the current school communication App.
2. Give sufficient time and attention towards the academic progress and daily work of your child. If you wish to discuss a matter of concern, contact the Principal/Headmistress.
3. Be available, if it is necessary, to discuss aspects of your child’s behaviour at school. Be open to listening and considering the teacher’s opinion regarding your child, even when the comments may be less than complimentary.
4. Append you signature to messages, report cards or other documents when requested to do so.
5. Your child must attend school regularly, especially the first and the last day of a school term. Written permission must be sought from the Principal/Headmistress in case a child is not able to attend school.
6. In all official correspondence with the school, the full name of the child as well as the class section and roll number should be stated.
7. Any change in address or phone number must be notified to the school office with immediate effect in writing.
- Parents are expected to exert firm parental discipline where their child’s behaviour is a distracting influence, and an obstruction to learning opportunities for others in the school.
- A detailed system of conduct records has been worked out where by students may be able to improve their grades in academic subjects on the basis of their good conduct. Bad conduct on the other hand may attract penalties and a lowering of grades in the case of certain students (upto Class VIII).
9. Private tuitions are strongly discouraged. Children must be encouraged to do their homework by themselves. It is important that children develop a habit of working on their own (with parental guidance if necessary). In any event, the services of a school teacher cannot be used for the private tutoring of a student after school hours.
10. It is imperative for parents to attend all Parent/Teacher Meetings and Orientation Programmes of the school. The school will take a serious view of parents regularly absenting themselves from such meetings, or those who show disinterest or unconcern towards their child’s education.
11. Birthdays: Parents may not send gifts or eatables to celebrate their wards birthdays in school. Children must wear their school uniforms.
12. It is understood that school will take all possible care and precautions to safeguard children when they are in school premises. However, the school will not be held responsible for any mishap beyond its control.
13. A teacher should not be criticized infront of your child, as it undermines his/her respect for the teacher and the school. Should you have a legitimate complaint, please meet the Principal/Headmistress.
14. Parents may not meet the class teacher/subject teacher or their children during the school hours in their classrooms. Class teacher/subject teacher or student may be met in the reception area after obtaining permission from the Principal/Headmistress.
15. The school uses modem technology for education which, starting at class II will require access to the internet/computers/smart phones/tablets at home.
16. Holidays Declared in Newspapers by the U.T/State Administration will be observed.
Parents should bear in mind that if a holiday or a change in timings/ as declared by the U.T/State Administration through the newspapers, TV they should comply with it and not send the children to school.
17. Dealing with Staff
Parents are instructed that they should not enter into any monetary dealings with teachers or staff of the school. School fee should be deposited at the authorized places only. Teachers, P.T.I.s, sub staff and drivers are not authorized personnel to be entrusted with school fee.
Parents are notified that engaging rickshaws/ auto rickshaws and vans are not safe and not permitted by the Transport Department. It has been made mandatory for the school to report such vehicles to the authorities in any case the school does not take any responsibility for such vehicles.